Brigg - St John the Evangelist

D H Wright on Flickr, Church of St. John, Brigg, CC BY 2.0

A Victorian Grade II listed church, built on the sight of the Chapel of Ease from 1699, completed and opened in 1843. Standing in the heart of the town with entrances off both Bigby Street on the south side and Wrawby Street pedestrian precinct on the north side. Hanging in the church is a History of the parish of Glandford Bridge written in 1902.

Incorporated into the stain glass windows over the altar are three well known Brigg landmarks.

Postcode: DN20 8EJ

Open: 17th - 18th May, Saturday 9.30am - 12noon • Sunday 9.30am - 3pm

Photo: D H Wright on Flickr, Church of St. John, Brigg, CC BY 2.0

Click here to find on Google Maps

Get Involved and Spread the Word!

Click here to

FOLLOW us on Instagram

LIKE us on Facebook

The festival is no longer active on Twitter/X

No comments:

Post a Comment